The California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority (CAEATFA) works collaboratively with public and private partners to provide innovative and effective financing solutions for California’s industries, assisting in reducing the State’s greenhouse gas emissions by increasing the development and deployment of renewable energy sources, energy efficiency, and advanced transportation and manufacturing technologies to reduce air pollution, conserve energy, and promote economic development and jobs.
Current CAEATFA Programs:
- California Hub for Energy Efficiency Financing (CHEEF) Pilot Programs
The California Hub for Energy Efficiency Financing Pilot Programs leverage private capital to help customers of the state’s investor-owned utilities (Pacific Gas & Electric, Southern California Edison, Southern California Gas and San Diego Gas & Electric) obtain financing for energy efficiency retrofits.
- Working Group on Energy Efficiency Financing Programs
CAEATFA is creating a working group to develop criteria for a comparative assessment of energy efficiency financing programs available in California.
- Sales Tax Exclusion (STE)
The Sales Tax Exclusion Program provides a sales tax exclusion for advanced manufacturing projects or for companies that design, manufacture, produce or assemble advanced transportation or alternative source products, components or systems.
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Loss Reserve Program
The PACE Loss Reserve Program helps residential PACE financing programs in California reduce first mortgage lenders' risk associated with PACE assessments.
- Bond Financing
CAEATFA issues tax-exempt bonds to finance green projects.
Other General CAEATFA Information
- Annual Reports to the Legislature
- Audits/Financial Disclosure Reports
- Sign Up to Receive CAEATFA Information
- PACE Loss Reserve Program
- Sales Tax Exclusion
- Residential Energy Efficiency Loan (REEL) Assistance Program
- Contractor Information for the REEL Assistance Program
- Statewide Energy Efficiency Financing Pilot Programs