Home Improvement and Rehabilitation (HIRB) Program
Designed to help low- to moderate-income households secure loans for home improvement projects.
If you have any questions about the HIRB Program, please contact CDLAC.
State and local governmental agencies and joint powers authorities can issue tax-exempt mortgage revenue bonds (MRBs) or mortgage credit certificates (MCCs) to help low- to moderate-income households secure qualified home improvement or qualified rehabilitation loans. These agencies and authorities may issue MRBs to finance loans that are below market rates. Also these entities may issue mortgage credit certificates that can be used to reduce the homeowner’s federal tax liability. Program participants must meet income limits and qualifying loans must adhere to federal requirements.
- HIRB Mortgage Revenue Bond Application
- HIRB Mortgage Credit Certificate Application
(please submit application in a 3 ring binder with all attachments labeled)
- Report of Action Taken Form for Bond Issues
- Report of Action Taken Form for MCC Issues
- Applications Questions and Answers
- Certification of Compliance II Non-QRRP Form
- Certificate of Completion Non-QRRP Form