Frequently Asked Questions
What is the California Industrial Development Financing Advisory Commission (CIDFAC)?
- CIDFAC is a state agency within the State Treasurer's Office that approves the issuance of industrial development bonds (IDBs). CIDFAC helps California manufacturers and processors access capital to expand or improve their businesses. Our program allows a company to borrow funds at competitive rates through the issuance of tax-exempt bonds backed by a letter of credit, or through a private placement of such bonds to sophisticated investors.
- What Are IDBs?
- What Are IDB Eligibility Requirements?
- What Can IDBs Finance?
- How Does a Manufacturing Company Apply for IDB Financing?
- Absent Local Government Participation, Can a Manufacturer Still Issue an IDB?
- Does CIDFAC Offer Specialized Programs?
- What Are Key Approvals In the CIDFAC Issuance Process?
- Aside from Low-Cost Financing, What Other Benefits to IDBs Provide Manufacturers and Processors?
- Why Are IDBs important to Local Governments and How Can IDBs Benefit Communities?