The California Pollution Control Financing Authority (CPCFA) has been providing low-cost innovative financing to California businesses since 1972.
CPCFA Program Overview
As a “conduit issuer” of tax-exempt private activity bonds, CPCFA is able to facilitate low cost financing to qualified waste and recycling projects. Other projects to control pollution and improve water supply can qualify for tax-exempt financing as allowed by federal tax law. Examples of recent assistance include projects to purchase clean-air vehicles by waste companies, construct and operate anaerobic digesters, recycle used oil, convert animal waste to clean burning fuel, and develop construction and demolition debris recycling programs.
In addition, CPCFA administers the California Capital Access Program (CalCAP) which helps participating financial institutions extend credit to small businesses through microloans and larger loans for start-up, expansion and working capital up to $20 million. CPCFA also assists with the clean-up of contaminated sites through a $60 million grant and loan program and a site-assessment loan program known as CALReUSE.
CPCFA partners with sister state agencies to achieve the State’s environmental policy objectives by administering high-impact financing programs designed to assist regulated entities and other stakeholders with accessing private capital.
Learn More About Us
As of January 1, 2012, CPCFA has helped finance over $13.4 billion in projects through
- Board Members
- Governing Statutes, Regulations, and Policies
- Tax-Exempt Bond Financing Program to:
- control pollution
- recycle valuable materials
- safely handle solid waste
- CalCAP loans to:
- California Recycle Underutilized Sites (CALReUSE) Program grants and loans to:
- clean up contaminated lands
- Assembly Bill (AB) 850 Rate Reduction Bond Program to:
- review proposed rate reduction bonds to finance publicly owned utility projects
- Fast Facts
- Audits/Financial Disclosure Reports
- Program Annual Reports
- Sign Up to Receive CPCFA Information
- 2015 Schedule and Deadline for Inclusion on Agenda
- Agendas, Staff Reports, Minutes and Notices of Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act (TEFRA) Hearings
- CalCAP Loan Loss Reserve
- CalCAP for Small Business
- Air Resources Board (ARB) On-Road Heavy-Duty Vehicle Program
- CalCAP Collateral Support
- CalCAP ARB On-Road Loan Program - Lender Webinar Presentation - May 19, 2015
- CPCFA Rate Reduction Bonds – Notice of Re‑adoption of Emergency Regulations
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station (EVCS) Lender Webinar Presentation – April 2015
- EVCS Program – Response to Comments from the November 7th Workshop
- EVCS Financing Program – Notice of Emergency Regulations