Charter School Facility Grant Program (Senate Bill (SB) 740 Program)
SB740 Program Overview
The Charter School Facility Grant Program provides annual assistance with facilities rent and lease expenditures to charter schools that meet eligibility criteria. Successful applicants must meet a variety of requirements, including having at least 55% of their students enrolled at the charter school eligible for Free or Reduced-Price Meals (FRPM) or being located in an elementary school attendance area where at least 55% of students enrolled are eligible FRPM. The charter school also must give a preference in admissions to students who reside in the elementary school attendance area. Charter schools are awarded $750 per unit of classroom-based Average Daily Attendance (ADA), up to 75% of their annual facilities rent and lease costs for the school.
SB740 2015-16 Special Funding Application
The SB740 Program 2015-16 Special Funding Round Application closed January 27, 2016 at 5:00 pm.
The Authority posted the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking. The Public Comment Period is for 45 days and closed on Tuesday, December 21, 2015.
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Initial Statement of Reasons
- Proposed Charter School Facility Grant Program (Senate Bill(SB) 740 Program) Regulations
- Proposed Application
- Repealed Application
- Invoice Template
- Application Submission Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- SB740 Application Recording
- SB740 Application PowerPoint
- SB740 Application Transcript
2014-15 Invoice Template Submission
Schools participating in the 2014-15 SB740 Program may submit final costs for remodeling buildings, deferred maintenance, remodeling etc., by completing an Invoice Template Wizard and submitting supporting documentation. Invoice reports and documentation are to be emailed to the Authority no later than May 1, 2015.
- Invoice Template Wizard Revised 2/25/15
- Invoice Submission Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Invoice Submission Recording
- Invoice Submission PowerPoint
- Invoice Submission Transcript