Treasurer Chiang Praises Plan to Pre-Fund Retiree Health Care Costs
Treasurer John Chiang praised provisions that will help pre-fund retiree health care costs reached as part of the collective bargaining agreement between the State of California and the Professional Engineers in California Government (PECG). Read the news release in English and Spanish.
ScholarShare Launches College Savings Pledge to Raise Awareness About State’s 529 Plan
Treasurer Chiang Completes $1.93 Billion Bond Sale Producing $270 Million in Taxpayer Savings
Treasurer John Chiang announced the completion of a sale of $1.93 billion in State general obligation bonds. The sale included the issuance of $1.38 billion in refunding bonds to refinance about $1.54 billion of existing debt. This resulted in taxpayer savings of more than $270 million. Read the news release.
Treasurer Chiang Names New California Health Facilities Financing Authority (CHFFA) Executive Director
State Treasurer John Chiang has announced that Diane Stanton will serve as Executive Director of the California Health Facilities Financing Authority (CHFFA). Read the news release.
Read August Edition of Intersections: See What State Has Done Right in Effort to Improve Fiscal Health
Treasurer John Chiang’s newsletter, Intersections, offers a discussion of what California’s leaders have done to improve bond ratings, thereby saving taxpayers money when the government borrows to pay for much-needed infrastructure and services. Read the August edition. Subscribe to this and other Treasurer’s Office communications.
Buy California Bonds
Californians face great challenges as we work together to make our state a great place to live -- for us and future generations. By purchasing California bonds, you can invest in quality schools, safer communities, affordable housing and improved transportation systems. You can help build parks and libraries, and preserve our natural resources.
To learn more about California bonds and how to purchase them, visit Buy California Bonds.
College Access Tax Credit Fund
Help California’s college students get the funds to stay enrolled in school and earn a substantial tax credit when you do. A portion of the money you contribute to the College Access Tax Credit Fund may go toward increasing the Cal Grant B Access awards. By participating for the 2015 taxable year, you will receive a state tax credit equal to 55 percent of your donation.
To learn more about the College Access Tax Credit Fund and how to apply, please visit College Access Tax Credit Fund.
Financing Jobs/Education/Health Care/Green Economy/Housing
- California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority
- California Debt and Investment Advisory Commission
- California Debt Limit Allocation Committee
- California Educational Facilities Authority
- California Health Facilities Financing Authority
- California Healthy Food Financing Initiative Council
- California Industrial Development Financing Advisory Commission
- California Pollution Control Financing Authority
- California School Finance Authority
- California Secure Choice Retirement Savings Investment Board
- California Tax Credit Allocation Committee
- California Transportation Financing Authority
- Centralized Treasury and Securities Management Division
- ScholarShare Investment Board
Calendar of Events
Events scheduled for 12/10/2012:
There are currently no events scheduled for this date.
- Bond Sale Calendar
- Latest Report on Outstanding and Authorized State Bonds
- GO Bond Finance Committee Meeting Agendas
- Public Finance Division