Treasurer Issues Statement on Fitch’s Upgrade of CA’s Credit Rating
Treasurer John Chiang hailed Fitch’s upgrade of California's credit rating from “A” to “A+.” The move follows continuing efforts by the Treasurer and the Department of Finance to not only identify opportunities to strengthen California’s credit worthiness, but to highlight the improved fiscal discipline recently exercised by the state and its voters which has helped the state recover from years of severe budgetary and cash flow crises. Read the news release in English and Spanish.
Treasurer Chiang Calls for More Diversity on Corporate Boards
State Treasurer John Chiang today renewed his call for more diversity in corporate board rooms. Citing studies that show little progress toward increasing the number of women and minorities on such boards, Chiang called upon the California Public Employees' Retirement System and the California State Teachers Retirement System to take more steps to encourage change. Read the news release in English and Spanish.
Treasurer Chiang, Senate Leader Plan Oversight Hearings into Bond Funds
Treasurer John Chiang is partnering with Senate President Pro Tempore Kevin de León to conduct legislative oversight hearings to ensure that monies raised through the sale of government bonds are safe from fraud, abuse, and mismanagement. Read the news release.
Buy California Bonds
Californians face great challenges as we work together to make our state a great place to live -- for us and future generations. By purchasing California bonds, you can invest in quality schools, safer communities, affordable housing and improved transportation systems. You can help build parks and libraries, and preserve our natural resources.
To learn more about California bonds and how to purchase them, visit Buy California Bonds.
College Access Tax Credit Fund
Help California’s college students get the funds to stay enrolled in school and earn a substantial tax credit when you do. Beginning with the 2014 taxable year, a portion of the money you contribute to the College Access Tax Credit Fund may go toward increasing the Cal Grant B Access awards. Doing so for the 2014 taxable year, you will receive a state tax credit equal to 60 percent of your donation.
To learn more about the College Access Tax Credit Fund and how to apply, please visit College Access Tax Credit Fund.
Financing Jobs/Education/Health Care/Green Economy/Housing
- California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority
- California Debt and Investment Advisory Commission
- California Debt Limit Allocation Committee
- California Educational Facilities Authority
- California Health Facilities Financing Authority
- California Healthy Food Financing Initiative Council
- California Industrial Development Financing Advisory Commission
- California Pollution Control Financing Authority
- California School Finance Authority
- California Secure Choice Retirement Savings Investment Board
- California Tax Credit Allocation Committee
- California Transportation Financing Authority
- Centralized Treasury and Securities Management Division
- ScholarShare Investment Board
Calendar of Events
Events scheduled for 12/25/2012:
There are currently no events scheduled for this date.
- Bond Sale Calendar
- Latest Report on Outstanding and Authorized State Bonds
- GO Bond Finance Committee Meeting Agendas
- Public Finance Division