Chiang Appoints Members to State Task Force on Bond Accountability
Treasurer John Chiang has appointed 12 individuals to a special task force he commissioned to develop best practices guidelines on the fiduciary care and use of State and local bond proceeds. Read the news release and the agenda for the task force’s April 8 meeting.
Chiang Announces Tax Credits to Construct More Than 1,800 New Affordable Housing Units
Treasurer John Chiang today announced awarding tax credits and tax-exempt bonds to 16 affordable housing projects in 12 counties that will add approximately 1,815 rental units to the housing market. The affordable housing credits, valued at $319 million, provide a 4 percent tax incentive to potential investors who may help to finance the housing developments. Read the news release in English and Spanish.
Chiang Completes $1.9 Billion Bond Sale With $198 million in Taxpayer Savings
Treasurer John Chiang announced the successful completion of the sale of $1.9 billion in State general obligation bonds, which included the refinancing of more than $1 billion in previously-issued bonds. Read the news release in English and Spanish.
Buy California Bonds
Californians face great challenges as we work together to make our state a great place to live -- for us and future generations. By purchasing California bonds, you can invest in quality schools, safer communities, affordable housing and improved transportation systems. You can help build parks and libraries, and preserve our natural resources.
To learn more about California bonds and how to purchase them, visit Buy California Bonds.
College Access Tax Credit Fund
Help California’s college students get the funds to stay enrolled in school and earn a substantial tax credit when you do. A portion of the money you contribute to the College Access Tax Credit Fund may go toward increasing the Cal Grant B Access awards. By participating for the 2015 taxable year, you will receive a state tax credit equal to 55 percent of your donation.
To learn more about the College Access Tax Credit Fund and how to apply, please visit College Access Tax Credit Fund.
Financing Jobs/Education/Health Care/Green Economy/Housing
- California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority
- California Debt and Investment Advisory Commission
- California Debt Limit Allocation Committee
- California Educational Facilities Authority
- California Health Facilities Financing Authority
- California Healthy Food Financing Initiative Council
- California Industrial Development Financing Advisory Commission
- California Pollution Control Financing Authority
- California School Finance Authority
- California Secure Choice Retirement Savings Investment Board
- California Tax Credit Allocation Committee
- California Transportation Financing Authority
- Centralized Treasury and Securities Management Division
- ScholarShare Investment Board
Calendar of Events
Events scheduled for 12/9/2012:
There are currently no events scheduled for this date.
- Bond Sale Calendar
- Latest Report on Outstanding and Authorized State Bonds
- GO Bond Finance Committee Meeting Agendas
- Public Finance Division