Home ->> Divisions and Offices ->> Centralized Treasury and Securities Management Division ->> CTSMD Functions
- The Administration Section develops and implements all policy matters regarding the CTSMD.
- Advises state agencies/departments on all banking related matters.
- Manages and maintains the banking relationships with the depository banks.
- Oversees the development, management and award of all contracts that are administered on behalf of the state agencies.
- Reviews and analyzes proposed legislation affecting the Treasurer’s Office/CTSMD.
Securities and Banking Services
- Manages the demand account banking functions of the Centralized Treasury System (CTS).
- Develops cash flow forecasts that are presented to the Investment Division informing them of the amounts available for investment and/or the cash needs of the state agencies.
- Keeps abreast of any legislative and budgetary changes that would impact the CTSMD forecasts;
- Acts as support staff for the Pooled Money Investment Board (PMIB).
- Clears and settles all securities purchased and sold for investment by the State Treasurer and other active investment funds.
- Clears and settles securities pledged to the State by companies required by law to submit collateral in order to transact business in the State.
- Redeems all items presented by banks for payment, handling of forgeries, and managing Stop Payments.
- Reconciles all deposits made by various state agencies and departments into the Centralized Treasury System accounts.
- Ensures that all financial activities are accurately and timely posted by the state depository banks.
- Manage a number of important programs which are designed to expedite the processing of State revenue.
- Administers the clearance and settlement of securities pledged as collateral by California financial institutions to the State for the Time, Demand, and State Agency programs.
- Provide safekeeping and custody of securities and items inside the vault as well as the physical security of the vault.