Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the California Industrial Development Financing Advisory Commission (CIDFAC)?
- What Are IDBs?
- What Are IDB Eligibility Requirements?
- What Can IDBs Finance?
- How Does a Manufacturing Company Apply for IDB Financing?
- Absent Local Government Participation, Can a Manufacturer Still Issue an IDB?
- Does CIDFAC Offer Specialized Programs?
- What Are Key Approvals In the CIDFAC Issuance Process?
- Aside from Low-Cost Financing, What Other Benefits to IDBs Provide Manufacturers and Processors?
Why Are IDBs important to Local Governments and How Can IDBs Benefit Communities?
- IDBs are a financing tool that can be used to encourage manufacturing or processing businesses to locate or remain in a community. These businesses strengthen the community by increasing employment opportunities and growing the local tax base. The local IDB issuance fee further allows governments to generate revenue to benefit the community and businesses.