The California Pollution Control Financing Authority (CPCFA) has been providing low-cost innovative financing to California businesses since 1972.
CPCFA Program Overview
As a “conduit issuer” of tax-exempt private activity bonds, CPCFA is able to facilitate low cost financing to qualified waste and recycling projects. Other projects to control pollution and improve water supply can qualify for tax-exempt financing as allowed by federal tax law. Examples of recent assistance include projects to purchase clean-air vehicles by waste companies, construct and operate anaerobic digesters, recycle used oil, convert animal waste to clean burning fuel, and develop construction and demolition debris recycling programs.
In addition, CPCFA administers the California Capital Access Program which helps participating financial institutions extend credit to small businesses through microloans and larger loans for start-up, expansion and working capital up to $20 million. CPCFA also assists with the clean-up of contaminated sites through a $60 million grant and loan program and a site-assessment loan program known as CALReUSE.
CPCFA partners with sister state agencies to achieve the State’s environmental policy objectives by administering high-impact financing programs designed to assist regulated entities and other stakeholders with accessing private capital.
Learn More About Us
As of January 1, 2012, CPCFA has helped finance over $13.4 billion in projects through
- Board Members
- Governing Statutes, Regulations, and Policies
- Tax-Exempt Bond Financing Program to:
- control pollution
- recycle valuable materials
- safely handle solid waste
- CalCAP loans to:
- assist small businesses
- help truckers meet Air Resources Board regulations
- California Recycle Underutilized Sites (CALReUSE) Program grants and loans to:
- clean up contaminated lands
- Fast Facts
- Audits/Financial Disclosure Reports
- Program Annual Reports
- Sign Up to Receive CPCFA Information
- Schedule and Deadline for Inclusion on Agenda
- Agendas, Staff Reports, Minutes and Notices of Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act (TEFRA) Hearings
- CalCAP Loan Loss Reserve
- CalCAP for Small Business
- Air Resources Board (ARB) On-Road Heavy-Duty Vehicle Program
- CalCAP Collateral Support
- Amount of 2011 – 2013 Carryforward Allocation Available
- Addendum to Request for Proposals No. CPCFA04-14
- Request for Proposals No. CPCFA04-14
- Assembly Bill (AB) 850 Rate Reduction Bond Program
- Notice of Intent to Award