California Capital Access Program (CalCAP)
Collateral Support Program
Designed to pledge cash to cover the collateral shortfall on small business loans.
- CalCAP 15-Day Notice, Modifications to the Text of Regulations, Addendum to the Initial Statement of Reasons
- CalCAP – Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- CalCAP - Initial Statement of Reasons
- CalCAP – Proposed Text of Regulations
- Designation of Fire-Stricken Areas as Severely Affected Communities – Amended as of December 15, 2017
- CalCAP Emergency Regulations – Notice of Approval
The California Capital Access Program Collateral Support (CalCAP CS) is a credit enhancement program that pledges cash to cover the collateral shortfall of loans made by participating lending institutions of $50,000 or more. The goal of the Collateral Support Program is to encourage banks and other financial institutions to make loans to small businesses in California. Loan proceeds can be used for a business’s start-up costs, working capital, franchise fees, equipment, inventory, and the purchase, construction, renovation or improvements of an eligible place of business.
If you own a small business and lack collateral for a commercial loan, you may receive more favorable loan terms from a lender if your loan is enrolled in the CalCAP Collateral Support Program.
The program is funded through the State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI), a federal program, and must confirm to the rules and guidance of the United States Treasury as well as the statute and regulations of CalCAP. See the CalCAP Collateral Support Program Summary for more information.
Check to see if your commercial lender or financial institution participates in the program or find a participating lender. If your financial institution does not currently participate, it is easy for lenders to sign up. Please have your institution complete the Financial Institution Application and send to CalCAP to get started.
Lender Sign Up for the Program
- What Financial Institutions Qualify to Participate?
- Financial Institution Application
- Certification to Participate in the State Small Business Credit Initiative Program