California Capital Access Program (CalCAP) for Small Business
Designed to provide up to 100% coverage on certain loan defaults.
- Designation of Fire-Stricken Areas as Severely Affected Communities – Amended
- Designation of Fire-Stricken Areas as Severely Affected Communities
- CalCAP Emergency Regulations – Notice of Approval
- Recapture Worksheet
- Recapture Participation Form – Effective August 15, 2017
- CalCAP Forms – Effective August 15, 2017
- Program Summary
- CalCAP/Small Business Brochure
- Participating Lending Institutions
- Tools for Lenders
- Program Development
- Sign Up to Receive CPCFA Information
The California Capital Access Program for Small Business (CalCAP SB or Program) encourages banks and other financial institutions to make loans to small businesses that have difficulty obtaining financing. If you own a small business and need a loan for start-up, expansion or working capital, you may receive more favorable loan terms from a lender if your loan is enrolled in the CalCAP Loan Loss Reserve Program. This program helps communities by providing financing to businesses that create jobs and improve the economy.
CalCAP is a loan loss reserve program which may provide up to 100% coverage on losses as a result of certain loan defaults. With CalCAP portfolio support, a lender may be more comfortable underwriting small business loans.
Check to see if your commercial lender or financial institution participates in CalCAP or find a participating lender. If your financial institution does not currently participate, it is easy for lenders to sign up. Please have your institution complete the Financial Institution Application and send to CalCAP to get started.
Lender Sign Up for the Program
- What Financial Institutions Qualify to Participate?
- Financial Institution Application
- Certification to Participate in the State Small Business Credit Initiative Program
Loans, Claims and Reports
- Loan Enrollment Documents
- Change in Loan Terms