The California School Finance Authority (CSFA) was created in 1985 to finance educational facilities and provide school districts and community college districts access to working capital. Since its inception, the Authority has developed a number of school facilities financing programs and most recently is focused on assisting charter schools to meet their facility needs.
Charter School Facilities Program: A $900 million program that provides low-cost financing for charter school facilities; fifty percent grant, fifty percent loan.
Charter School Facility Grant Program: A grant program that provides annual assistance with facilities rent and lease expenditures for charter schools that meet specific eligibility criteria.
Charter School Facilities Credit Enhancement Grant Program: An $8.3 million program that serves to fund debt service reserves for the financing of acquisition, renovation, or construction of charter school facilities, or the refinancing of existing charter school facility debt.
State Charter School Facilities Incentive Grants Program: A federal grant program designed to assist California charter schools in meeting their facility needs.
Charter School Revolving Loan Fund: A program that provides low-interest loans of up to $250,000 to new charter schools.
Fast Facts as of January 1, 2015
State Charter School Facilities Incentive Grants Program
Total Charter Schools: 284
Total Students: 106,049
Charter School Facilities Program (Props 47, 55, 1D, and 2010 Re-Appropriation)
Total Schools: 53
Total Students: N/A
Charter School Facilities Credit Enhancement Grant Program
Total Schools: 38
Total Students: 14,107
Bond and Note Financing Program
Schools Served: 41
Students Served: 22,809
Charter School Facility Grant Program
Total Awarded: $123,403,235
Total Schools: 363
Total Students: 128,298
Charter School Revolving Loan Fund
Total Awarded: $10,300,000
Total Charter Schools: 42
- Charter School Revolving Loan Fund
- Meeting Agendas, Staff Reports and Minutes
- State Charter School Facilities Incentive Grants Program
- Charter School Facility Grant Program
- 2014-15 Funding Round Frequently Asked Questions
- March 25, 2015 Senate Bill (SB740) Invoice Training Webinar
- Mid-April SB 740 2015-16 Application Open
- Mid-April Incentives Grant Round 11 Application Open
- April 9, 2015 SB740 2015-16 Application Submission Webinar
- May 1, 2015 SB740 2014-15 Invoice Receipts Due