California Capital Access Program (CalCAP) Air Resources Board (ARB) On-Road Heavy-Duty Vehicle Air Quality Loan Program
Designed to finance the purchase or retrofit of heavy-duty diesel trucks driven primarily in California to comply with the State's engine emission standards.
- CalCAP Emergency Regulations – Notice of Approval
- CalCAP Lender Manuals – Effective August 15, 2017
- Recapture Worksheet
- Recapture Participation Form – Effective August 15, 2017
- CalCAP Forms – Effective August 15, 2017
- CalCAP Emergency Rulemaking - 5-Days Notice - 7/18/2017
- CalCAP Emergency Rulemaking - 5-Days Notice
- CalCAP Finding of Emergency 2017
- CalCAP Proposed Emergency Regulations 2017
- CalCAP Webinar Lender Roundtable Agenda – July 11, 2017
- CalCAP Stakeholder Symposium Video & Transcript
- CalCAP Stakeholder Symposium Presentations
- CalCAP Symposium - Request for Written Comments and Presentation Proposals
- Program Summary
- CalCAP/ARB Brochure
- Participating Lending Institutions
- Tools for Lenders
- Program Development
- ARB's Truck and Bus Regulation
- Sign Up to Receive CPCFA Information
The CalCAP Heavy-Duty Vehicle Air Quality Loan Program is a loan loss reserve program, which may provide up to 100% coverage on losses from certain loan defaults. With CalCAP portfolio support, a lender may be more comfortable underwriting small business loans to small fleet owners. See the CalCAP Heavy-Duty Vehicle Air Quality Loan Program Summary for more information.
Since the program’s inception in 2009, CalCAP has contributed $76.3 million to lender loan loss reserve accounts, assisting California small business owners with purchasing more than 12,000 cleaner trucks and at least 600 exhaust retrofits. Upgrading 10,000 trucks is equivalent to taking more than 1 million cars off California roads every year.
If you are an owner of a small fleet of heavy-duty diesel trucks and need to upgrade your engine or exhaust, you may receive more favorable loan terms from a lender if your loan is enrolled in the CalCAP Heavy-Duty Vehicle Air Quality Loan Program. Check to see if your commercial lender or financial institution participates in CalCAP or find a participating lender. If your financial institution does not currently participate, it is easy for lenders to sign up. Please have your institution complete the Financial Institution Application and send to CalCAP to get started.