California Capital Access Program (CalCAP)
Collateral Support Program
Designed to pledge cash to cover the collateral shortfall on small business loans.
- Additional California COVID-19 Resources
- Additional COVID-19 Resources for Businesses and Employers
- CalCAP/Collateral Support Enrollment Forms
- Program Summary
- CalCAP/Collateral Support Brochure
- Participating Lending Institutions
- Tools for Lenders
- SSBCI Webinar
- Program Development
- 2020 Annual Report
- CalCAP Regulations
- SSBCI 2.0
- Sign Up to Receive CPCFA Information
The California Capital Access Program Collateral Support (CalCAP CS) is a credit enhancement program that pledges cash to cover the collateral shortfall of loans made by participating lending institutions of $50,000 or more. The goal of the Collateral Support Program is to encourage banks and other financial institutions to make loans to small businesses in California. Loan proceeds can be used for a business’s start-up costs, working capital, franchise fees, equipment, inventory, and the purchase, construction, renovation or improvements of an eligible place of business.
If you own a small business and lack collateral for a commercial loan, you may receive more favorable loan terms from a lender if your loan is enrolled in the CalCAP Collateral Support Program.
Check to see if your commercial lender or financial institution participates in the program or find a participating lender. If your financial institution does not currently participate, it is easy for lenders to sign up. Please have your institution complete the Financial Institution Application and send to CalCAP to get started.
Borrowers will need to contact a Participating Lending Institution to start the CalCAP loan enrollment process
Lender Sign Up for the Program
- What Financial Institutions Qualify to Participate?
- Financial Institution Application
- Certification to Participate in the California Capital Access Program
Loans, Claims and Reports
- Collateral Support Enrollment Documents
- Media Release Authorization