Sales and Use Tax Exclusion (STE) Program: Semi-Annual Reports
In order to maintain compliance with the STE Program regulations and an Applicant’s Master Regulatory Agreement, Applicants must submit a semi-annual report. Each semi-annual report should include information about the Qualified Property purchased using the sales and use tax exclusion. The semi-annual report consists of two parts: the Semi-Annual Report Certification and the Exhibit A.
The semi-annual report covering the first two calendar quarters of the year must be submitted to the California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority (CAEATFA) on or before July 31; the semi-annual report covering the last two calendar quarters of the year must be submitted to CAEATFA on or before January 31 of the immediately following calendar year.
- Semi-Annual Report Certification
- Semi-Annual Report Exhibit A
- Master Agreement Exhibit B
- Check for the Administrative Fee
Semi-Annual Report Certification
- Ensure you are using the current template. If you have used your entire STE award or have completed your STE project, please use the Final Certification and Final Exhibits A and B templates.
- Prepare the Semi-Annual Report Certification by inputting the necessary information as described in captions throughout the template.
- Remove any inapplicable highlighted or italicized language that does not pertain to the Company or transaction.
- Insert the name and title of the representative who is authorized to sign on behalf of the Company and is identified on the signature certificate provided to CAEATFA.
- Ensure you are using the current template.
- Insert the appropriate information in the Exhibit A headers, including acquisition range dates, and Company name.
- Input all qualified property information under corresponding columns.
- The "Description and Purpose" need to be described in layman's terms.
- Include the corresponding line item number from the Exhibit B that the equipment falls under.
- Check to ensure that the Total Amount on Exhibit A is the same as what is listed on the transaction agreement.
- Save in Excel/soft copy format.
- This document can be found in the executed Master Regulatory Agreement and will be referenced as you fill out Exhibit A.
Check for the Administrative Fee
- The administrative fee is calculated at .004 of the total amount of the Qualified Property purchased. The administrative fee of $15,000 that was paid upon the execution of the Master Agreement is credited towards the back-end of the total administrative fee due.
Submit to CAEATFA
Submit the following to a CAEATFA analyst with a “CC” to the CAEATFA inbox:
- Transaction Agreement (PDF)
- Exhibit A (Excel/soft copy)
- Exhibit B (PDF)
- Once the Analyst has approved the documents free from error, submit the originals and a check for the administrative fee to:
915 Capitol Mall, Rm 538
Sacramento, CA 95814
Melanie Holman, STE Program Analyst