Sales and Use Tax Exclusion (STE) Program: Semi-Annual Reports
Approved Applicant Procedures
In order to maintain compliance with the STE Program regulations and an Applicant’s Master Regulatory Agreement, approved Applicants must submit a semi-annual report. Each semi-annual report should include information about the Qualified Property purchased using the sales and use tax exclusion. The semi-annual report consists of two parts: the Semi-Annual Report Certification and the Exhibit A.
The semi-annual report covering the first two calendar quarters of the year must be submitted to the California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority (CAEATFA) on or before July 31; the semi-annual report covering the last two calendar quarters of the year must be submitted to CAEATFA on or before January 31 of the immediately following calendar year.
- Semi-Annual Report Certification (or Final Semi-Annual Report Certification)
- Semi-Annual Report Exhibit A
- Complete the Exhibit A to the semi-annual report, ensuring all Qualified Property purchased during the reporting period is included and that all requested information is provided.
- Email the completed Exhibit A spreadsheet in Excel format to your assigned CAEATFA analyst and to the main CAEATFA email: CAEATFA@sto.ca.gov.
- Once the CAEATFA analyst reviews the Exhibit A, he or she will prepare the Semi-Annual Report Certification for your review and signature.
- If no Qualified Property was purchased during the reporting period, let your assigned CAEATFA analyst know, and he or she will prepare the Semi-Annual Report Certification for your review and signature indicating no purchases were made during the reporting period.
- If this will be your final semi-annual report (e.g., you no longer plan on making purchases), please be sure to let your assigned CAEATFA analyst know this, as well.
- Once the Administrative Fee amount due is determined, submit a check made out to “CAEATFA” in the appropriate amount to the attention of your assigned CAEATFA analyst at the address below. Please note that the $15,000 Administrative Fee paid upon the execution of the Master Agreement is credited towards the back-end of the total Administrative Fee due.
915 Capitol Mall, Rm 538
Sacramento, CA 95814
Xee Moua, STE Program Analyst