Tax-Exempt Bond Financing Program
Designed to control pollution, recycle valuable materials and safely handle solid waste.
- Notice of Intent to Award – Contract No. CPCFA01-18
- Memo Regarding Clarification of Requirements and Timing for Tax-Exempt Financing and Allocation
- Bond Program Notices
- Program Overview
- Program Summary
- Fees Schedule
- Post-Issuance Tax Compliance Procedures
- Post-Issuance Actions Request Form
- Agendas, Staff Reports, Minutes and Notices of Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act (TEFRA) Hearings
- Sign Up to Receive CPCFA Information
The Pollution Control Tax-Exempt Bond Financing Program facilitates low cost capital through private activity, tax-exempt bonds. The securities pay for acquisition, construction or installation of qualified pollution control, water furnishing, waste disposal, waste recovery facilities and equipment. Financing is provided by the California Debt Limit Allocation Committee.
Tax exempt bond financing assists qualified borrowers to get lower interest than through conventional loans.
Types of projects, which may qualify for tax-exempt bond financing, include:
- Curbside collection facilities
- Recycling facilities
- Composting facilities
- Materials recovery facilities
- Transfer station
- Waste-to-energy facilities
- Qualified solid waste or hazardous waste disposal projects
- Waste recovery facilities
- Purchase of collection vehicles and residential waste containers
- Water Furnishing Facilities
- Wastewater Treatment Facilities
Examples of recent assistance include projects to purchase clean-air vehicles by waste companies, construct and operate anaerobic digesters, recycle used oil, convert animal waste to clean burning fuel and develop construction and demolition debris recycling programs.
Prospective borrowers should contact bond counsel to help determine if a proposed project qualifies under federal law. Bond counsel must be listed on the State Treasurer's Office list of approved firms.
Once eligibility is determined, contact CPCFA staff to begin the application process.