Chiang, County Treasurers Move to Stop ‘Pay-to-Play’ School Bond Campaigns
State Treasurer John Chiang and a coalition of county treasurers and tax collector moved to stop questionable bankrolling of campaign activities in local bond election campaigns. Read this news release.
Treasurer Tackles California’s Affordable Housing Crisis
Treasurer John Chiang administers two state programs that provide incentives to spur production of quality, affordable housing developments in California. In 2015, the Treasurer’s office championed reforms that many affordable housing advocates called “the most significant in the past 15 years.”
State Treasurer Names New California Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act Board Executive Director
State Treasurer John Chiang announced that Christina Elliott will serve as Executive Director of the California Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act Board. ABLE accounts will allow people with disabilities and their families to open tax-free savings accounts without fear of losing vital government assistance. Read this news release.
Intersections: California and Brexit – Assessing the Damage
The decision of British voters to leave the European Union (EU) caught markets widely off guard throughout the world as the final votes came in on June 23. Read more.
Statement from Treasurer John Chiang on British Vote to Leave European Union
State Treasurer John Chiang stressed that uncertainty roiling world markets in the wake of Britain’s planned departure from the European Union is not expected to substantially impact investments managed by his office or the state’s outstanding debt. Read this news release.
Treasurer Unveils New Online Application System to Help Charter School Applicants Save Time, Money
The California School Finance Authority (CSFA), chaired by Treasurer John Chiang, launched a new electronic submission format for its financing program application. The change will save California taxpayers and the program’s 400 charter school applicants time and money. Read this news release.
Buy California Bonds
Californians face great challenges as we work together to make our state a great place to live -- for us and future generations. By purchasing California bonds, you can invest in quality schools, safer communities, affordable housing and improved transportation systems. You can help build parks and libraries, and preserve our natural resources.
To learn more about California bonds and how to purchase them, visit Buy California Bonds.
College Access Tax Credit Fund
Help California’s college students get the funds to stay enrolled in school and earn a substantial tax credit when you do. A portion of the money you contribute to the College Access Tax Credit Fund may go toward increasing the Cal Grant B Access awards. By participating for the 2015 taxable year, you will receive a state tax credit equal to 55 percent of your donation.
To learn more about the College Access Tax Credit Fund and how to apply, please visit College Access Tax Credit Fund.
Financing Jobs/Education/Health Care/Green Economy/Housing
- Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) for the Disabled
- California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority
- California Debt and Investment Advisory Commission
- California Debt Limit Allocation Committee
- California Educational Facilities Authority
- California Health Facilities Financing Authority
- California Healthy Food Financing Initiative Council
- California Industrial Development Financing Advisory Commission
- California Pollution Control Financing Authority
- California School Finance Authority
- California Secure Choice Retirement Savings Investment Board
- California Tax Credit Allocation Committee
- California Transportation Financing Authority
- Centralized Treasury and Securities Management Division
- ScholarShare Investment Board
Calendar of Events
Events scheduled for 12/1/2012:
There are currently no events scheduled for this date.
- Bond Sale Calendar
- Latest Report on Outstanding and Authorized State Bonds
- GO Bond Finance Committee Meeting Agendas
- Public Finance Division
State & Local Agency Investments
- Sign up for the Intersections Newsletter
- California Green Bank
- Building a Stronger California
- Task Force on Bond Accountability