California’s Credit Rating Upgraded to Highest Level in 14 Years
California State Treasurer John Chiang has announced that Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services has raised its general obligation (GO) rating on the State of California to AA- from A+. Read the news release.
Treasurer Chiang Issues Statement About Greek Debt Crisis
Treasurer John Chiang has issued a statement about the deterioration of the Greek fiscal situation, noting that California’s Pooled Money Investment Account (PMIA) has no direct Greek exposure. Read the news release.
Treasurer Chiang Issues Statement on the Passage of the FY 2015-16 California Budget
Treasurer to Help Businesses Build Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
California has launched a $2 million financing program that provides incentives to small business owners and landlords to install electric vehicle charging stations for their employees, clients and tenants. Read the news release in English and Spanish.
Read June Edition of Intersections: See How California’s Ratings Compare to Other States
Treasurer John Chiang’s newsletter, Intersections, offers a discussion of how California’s ratings compare to other large states, and why that matters to taxpayers. Also included are updates on debt issuance, investments and treasury activities. Read the June edition. Subscribe to this and other Treasurer’s Office communications.
Buy California Bonds
Californians face great challenges as we work together to make our state a great place to live -- for us and future generations. By purchasing California bonds, you can invest in quality schools, safer communities, affordable housing and improved transportation systems. You can help build parks and libraries, and preserve our natural resources.
To learn more about California bonds and how to purchase them, visit Buy California Bonds.
College Access Tax Credit Fund
Help California’s college students get the funds to stay enrolled in school and earn a substantial tax credit when you do. A portion of the money you contribute to the College Access Tax Credit Fund may go toward increasing the Cal Grant B Access awards. By participating for the 2015 taxable year, you will receive a state tax credit equal to 55 percent of your donation.
To learn more about the College Access Tax Credit Fund and how to apply, please visit College Access Tax Credit Fund.
Financing Jobs/Education/Health Care/Green Economy/Housing
- California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority
- California Debt and Investment Advisory Commission
- California Debt Limit Allocation Committee
- California Educational Facilities Authority
- California Health Facilities Financing Authority
- California Healthy Food Financing Initiative Council
- California Industrial Development Financing Advisory Commission
- California Pollution Control Financing Authority
- California School Finance Authority
- California Secure Choice Retirement Savings Investment Board
- California Tax Credit Allocation Committee
- California Transportation Financing Authority
- Centralized Treasury and Securities Management Division
- ScholarShare Investment Board
Calendar of Events
Events scheduled for 12/16/2012:
There are currently no events scheduled for this date.
- Bond Sale Calendar
- Latest Report on Outstanding and Authorized State Bonds
- GO Bond Finance Committee Meeting Agendas
- Public Finance Division