Treasurer Chiang Announces ScholarShare Matching Promotion
Treasurer John Chiang and the ScholarShare Investment Board have announced the ScholarShare Matching Promotion, “You Start It, We Match It,” in recognition of National 529 College Savings Day, which is celebrated on May 29 to raise awareness about the importance of saving for college and the value of 529 plans. On May 29, Californians who open a new ScholarShare 529 college savings account can receive a matching deposit of $50 from ScholarShare. Read the news release in English and Spanish.
Treasurer Comments on S&P’s Most Recent Statement on California’s Credit
Chiang Introduces Intersections, a New Monthly Newsletter
Treasurer John Chiang has created Intersections, a new monthly newsletter about California’s debt, investments and economy. Read the first edition. Subscribe to this and other Treasurer’s Office communications.
Buy California Bonds
Californians face great challenges as we work together to make our state a great place to live -- for us and future generations. By purchasing California bonds, you can invest in quality schools, safer communities, affordable housing and improved transportation systems. You can help build parks and libraries, and preserve our natural resources.
To learn more about California bonds and how to purchase them, visit Buy California Bonds.
College Access Tax Credit Fund
Help California’s college students get the funds to stay enrolled in school and earn a substantial tax credit when you do. A portion of the money you contribute to the College Access Tax Credit Fund may go toward increasing the Cal Grant B Access awards. By participating for the 2015 taxable year, you will receive a state tax credit equal to 55 percent of your donation.
To learn more about the College Access Tax Credit Fund and how to apply, please visit College Access Tax Credit Fund.
Financing Jobs/Education/Health Care/Green Economy/Housing
- California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority
- California Debt and Investment Advisory Commission
- California Debt Limit Allocation Committee
- California Educational Facilities Authority
- California Health Facilities Financing Authority
- California Healthy Food Financing Initiative Council
- California Industrial Development Financing Advisory Commission
- California Pollution Control Financing Authority
- California School Finance Authority
- California Secure Choice Retirement Savings Investment Board
- California Tax Credit Allocation Committee
- California Transportation Financing Authority
- Centralized Treasury and Securities Management Division
- ScholarShare Investment Board
Calendar of Events
Events scheduled for 12/6/2012:
- Bond Sale Calendar
- Latest Report on Outstanding and Authorized State Bonds
- GO Bond Finance Committee Meeting Agendas
- Public Finance Division