Treasurer Chiang Helps Sacramento Small Business Expand
State Treasurer John Chiang helped a K Street restaurant expand by facilitating two loans with a combined value of $150,000 through a popular program that encourages banks and other financial institutions to lend to small businesses that would otherwise have difficulty obtaining financing. The loans benefitted Downtown & Vine Restaurant, which brings the wine country to Sacramento, offering a restaurant, wine bar and an event center. The eatery is owned by Kate Chomko. Read the news release.
Treasurer Chiang Releases Debt Affordability Report, Intersections Newsletter
Treasurer John Chiang’s 2015 Debt Affordability Report offers insights into the State of California’s fiscal health, in particular its use of debt to finance critical public works projects. Read the report, and the October edition of his Intersections newsletter. Subscribe to this and other Treasurer’s Office communications.
Treasurer Chiang to Sell $446 Million in Veterans General Obligation Bonds
Treasurer John Chiang announced the sale of up to $445,700,000 of Veterans General Obligation Bonds, which are being issued to finance home and farm mortgage loans for California military Veterans under the Farm and Home Purchase Program, administered by the California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet). Read the news release in English and Spanish.
Treasurer Chiang Sells $548.2 Million of State Public Works Board (SPWB) Bonds Saving Taxpayers Nearly $122 Million
Treasurer Chiang Praises Plan to Pre-Fund Retiree Health Care Costs
Treasurer John Chiang praised provisions that will help pre-fund retiree health care costs reached as part of the collective bargaining agreement between the State of California and the Professional Engineers in California Government (PECG). Read the news release in English and Spanish.
Buy California Bonds
Californians face great challenges as we work together to make our state a great place to live -- for us and future generations. By purchasing California bonds, you can invest in quality schools, safer communities, affordable housing and improved transportation systems. You can help build parks and libraries, and preserve our natural resources.
To learn more about California bonds and how to purchase them, visit Buy California Bonds.
College Access Tax Credit Fund
Help California’s college students get the funds to stay enrolled in school and earn a substantial tax credit when you do. A portion of the money you contribute to the College Access Tax Credit Fund may go toward increasing the Cal Grant B Access awards. By participating for the 2015 taxable year, you will receive a state tax credit equal to 55 percent of your donation.
To learn more about the College Access Tax Credit Fund and how to apply, please visit College Access Tax Credit Fund.
Financing Jobs/Education/Health Care/Green Economy/Housing
- California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority
- California Debt and Investment Advisory Commission
- California Debt Limit Allocation Committee
- California Educational Facilities Authority
- California Health Facilities Financing Authority
- California Healthy Food Financing Initiative Council
- California Industrial Development Financing Advisory Commission
- California Pollution Control Financing Authority
- California School Finance Authority
- California Secure Choice Retirement Savings Investment Board
- California Tax Credit Allocation Committee
- California Transportation Financing Authority
- Centralized Treasury and Securities Management Division
- ScholarShare Investment Board
Calendar of Events
Events scheduled for 12/6/2012:
- Bond Sale Calendar
- Latest Report on Outstanding and Authorized State Bonds
- GO Bond Finance Committee Meeting Agendas
- Public Finance Division