California Hub for Energy Efficiency Financing (CHEEF) Pilot Programs
Designed to help California achieve its energy efficiency goals by increasing the availability of lower-cost financing for energy efficiency investments throughout the state.
If you have any questions about the California Hub for Energy Efficiency Financing pilot programs, please contact email@example.com or (916) 651-8157.
- Now available: Revised list of Energy Saving Measures for Small Business Financing program
- Final regulations for Affordable Multifamily Financing program adopted
- REEL Regulations Regular Rulemaking
CAEATFA is developing the CHEEF Pilot Programs as part of a public-private partnership among state agencies and investor owned utilities to engage lenders, contractors and borrowers in helping California achieve its energy savings goals by increasing the availability of lower-cost financing for energy efficiency investments throughout the state.
The strategic goal of the CHEEF is to grow the private capital market for EE financing in California, to evaluate the effectiveness of various types of financial incentives for energy efficiency financing, and ultimately to encourage and leverage private lending and investment with various credit enhancement features and the ability for IOU customers to include monthly loan payments directly on their monthly bills (on-bill repayment). These features also should allow lenders to offer better rates and terms by reducing their risk. In turn, consumers will have increased access to lower-cost financing, allowing them to upgrade their homes and businesses while saving money on energy.
- CHEEF Pilot Programs Matrix
- Energizing Energy Efficiency: New Financing Programs for Small Business and Affordable Multifamily. (Oct. 9, 2019)
- Did you miss our webinar announcing the launch of our Small Business Financing and Affordable Multifamily Financing programs? Click the link above for a PDF version of the presentation.