This seminar will deliver comprehensive education on the land-secured financing process from district pre-formation through project implementation to ongoing administration. Participants will be immersed for a full day in the strategic planning and application mechanics of both Mello-Roos Community Facilities District and Assessment District financing.
Early registration is advised as this event registration is on a first come first-serve basis and there is limited capacity. Registration is not considered complete until payment is received and registration fees are payable via check or credit card (VISA or MasterCard).
Public Sector: $125
Private Sector: $250
Kellogg West Conference Center and Hotel
CDIAC has a room block for attendees at the Kellogg West Conference Center and Hotel. Rooms start at $109+tax. A reservation code will be sent in the registration confirmation email.
The Kellogg West Conference Center and Hotel is located on the Cal Poly Pomona Campus in Pomona, CA.
The closest airport to the Kellogg West Conference Center and Hotel is Ontario International Airport, which is located 16 miles from the venue.
Other nearby airports:
- John Wayne Airport – 31 miles
- Long Beach Airport – 35 miles
- Hollywood Burbank Airport – 40 miles
- Los Angeles International Airport – 47 miles
Additional travel details can be found on the Kellogg West website.
The Kellogg West Conference Center and Hotel will provide complementary parking passes for attendees. Additional parking procedure details will be shared closer to the event date. Please be mindful of all parking restriction signs on the Cal Poly Pomona campus.
- COVID Requirements: Please note CDIAC is following all health and safety rules of Cal Poly Pomona and Los Angeles County. Attendees are expected to follow these rules while participating in this event. Please see the Safer Return at Cal Poly Pomona Practices and Guidance and the Los Angeles County COVID-19 Prevention in Public Settings for the current guidelines.
- Cancellation/Transfer Policy: Contact CDIACEducation@treasurer.ca.gov if you need to cancel or transfer your registration. Refund/cancellation requests must be received October 10, however substitution of officials or staff from the same entity is permitted.
- Agenda Information: CDIAC reserves the right to replace or cancel speakers or make any other changes to the agenda without notice. All information is subject to change.
- Attire & What to Bring: This seminar is business casual. Please bring a light sweater in case the meeting space runs cold. Laptops are recommended for this program. Please see the CDIAC webpage for additional recommendations closer to the seminar date.
- Certificate of Attendance: CDIAC will issue a Certificate of Attendance for each day of the program to those who sign in at the registration desk. Certificates will be issued within 2 weeks after the program. Participants can submit their Certificate of Attendance to their governing entity to request credits. CDIAC’s education programs are accepted by many governing entities as certifiable.
- County Treasurers/Tax Collectors: Under California Government Code Section 27000.8, CDIAC’s educational programs are a source for California county treasurers, tax collectors, or treasurer/tax collectors to obtain continuing education credits.
- Accountants: CDIAC is not an approved provider of CPE credits, however certificates of attendance can be submitted to your governing entity to request credits.
- Attorneys | MCLE Credits:CDIAC is an approved provider of Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) General Credits. The Fundamentals of Land-Secured Financing program is approved for 6 General Credits.
- 2020 Mello-Roos Community Facilities Districts Fundamentals Mini-Series | Online
- 2018 Land-Secured Financing Seminar | Riverside, CA
- 2016 Fundamentals of Land-Secured Financing | Sacramento, CA
- 2015 Land-Secured Financing Current Topics and Practices | Concord, CA
- 2014 Fundamentals of Land-Secured Financing | San Diego, CA
- 2011 Fundamentals of Land-Secured Financing | Emeryville, CA
- 2010 Fundamentals of Land-Secured Finance | Ontario, CA
- 2009 Fundamentals of Land-Secured Financing | Concord, CA
- 2008 Fundamentals of Land-Secured Financing | Ontario, CA
Please contact CDIAC’s Education Unit if you have any questions regarding this program.
CDIACEducation@treasurer.ca.gov | 916-653-3269