COVID-19 Financial Assistance Programs
Provide assistance to qualifying health facilities impacted financially by the global COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have any questions about the Children's Hospital Program, please contact CHFFA.
On April 30, 2020, the California Health Facilities Financing Authority (CHFFA) approved two programs to provide financial assistance to qualifying health facilities in the state of California that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 Emergency HELP Loan Program (Program)
This Program allocates $5 million from the HELP II Loan Program to provide 0% interest rate loans, up to $250,000, for qualifying health facilities.
The Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director have delegated authority to issue loans up to $250,000 per borrower for construction, remodeling, renovations, improvements, equipment, furnishings, and/or day to day operational expenses (working capital) if the following conditions are met:
- Must be a health facility as defined in the CHFFA's Act (Section 15432(d) of the California Government Code)
- Annual gross revenues cannot exceed $30 million as shown on the most recent audited financial statement (no revenue limit for qualifying rural health facilities and district hospitals)
- Must be a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation or a public health facility (e.g., District hospital) as defined in the CHFFA's Act (Section 15432(e) of the California Government Code)
- Must have been in existence for at least three years, providing the same types of services
- Must provide evidence acceptable to the CHFFA that the health facility has been impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak and that loan proceeds will be used to address the impact
- Must demonstrate evidence of fiscal soundness and the ability to meet the terms of the proposed loan
- For construction, remodeling, renovation, and improvement projects, must show readiness to begin projects within 30 days after approval
|COVID-19 Emergency HELP Loan Program - Currently Accepting Applications|
|Program Application - Word (fillable)|
Applications for the Program are being accepted on a continuous basis through the end of Governor Newsom’s State of Emergency in direct response to the COVID-19 pandemic, or until all available funding for the Program is exhausted, whichever comes first.
HELP II Loan Program Debt Service Payment Deferral
Current HELP II Loan Program borrowers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic may request a one-time deferral of HELP II loan debt service payments (principal and interest) for up to three months.
- Interest will not be capitalized during the term of the deferral
- Maturity of the loan will be extended up to three months
- Borrower must provide evidence that their organization has been impacted by COVID-19
- Borrower must execute certain documents to effectuate the loan deferral
|HELP II Loan Program Debt Service Payment Deferral - Currently Accepting Requests|
|Deferral Request Form - PDF (fillable)|
Requests for Deferrals are being accepted until December 1, 2020.
For further information about either of these programs, please call (916) 653-2799 or email CHFFA@treasurer.ca.gov