California Health Facilities Financing Authority

Healthcare Expansion Loan Program II (HELP II)

Provides low interest rate loans to California’s non-profit small or rural health facilities in an efficient, timely, and cost effective manner.

Contact Information

If you have any questions about the HELP II program, please contact CHFFA.

Connect With Us

Sign Up to Get CHFFA Information Contact Us!

The California Health Facilities Financing Authority (CHFFA) recognizes the difficulty small and rural health facilities have in obtaining adequate financing for their capital needs. The HELP II Loan Program provides low-interest rate loans to California’s nonprofit small or rural health facilities in an efficient, timely, and cost effective manner. HELP II loans may be used to purchase or construct new facilities, remodel or renovate existing facilities, purchase equipment or furnishings, and refinance existing debt.

Facilities with gross annual revenues of up to $30 million are eligible for loans under this program. District hospitals and rural health facilities are eligible without any revenue limitations. Applications are accepted on a monthly basis.

Emergency HELP Loan Program

A two million dollar ($2,000,000) program that will provide low cost loans with flexible terms for health facilities in counties that Governor Brown declared an emergency due to the Northern and Southern California fires, floods, and mudslides.

The counties of:

Butte Mendocino San Diego Trinity
Inyo Modoc Santa Barbara Tulare
Lake Mono San Bernardino Ventura
Los Angeles Napa Siskiyou Yuba
Madera Nevada Solano  
Mariposa Orange Sonoma  

Applications are now being accepted until May 1, 2018.

Make a Payment

The HELP II application fee or the HELP and Emergency HELP monthly loan payments can be submitted via CHFFA’s Electronic Payment Service (“EPS”).

The EPS can be accessed at

Disclosure: By clicking on the link above, you will be leaving CHFFA’s website and entering First Data’s website. First Data is not affiliated with CHFFA and CHFFA is NOT responsible for the contents or links contained on their website. CHFFA recommends that you read and evaluate First Data's security and confidentiality statements.

Information required to make a payment:

  • Applicant Name
  • Invoice number and/or subsidiary number
  • Bank routing number
  • Bank account number

HELP II loan borrowers must comply with California’s prevailing wage law under Labor Code Section 1720, et seq. for public works projects. CHFFA recommends applicants and borrowers consult with their legal counsel.