Local Reviewing Agency (LRA) Application Process
All competitive applicants (9% and 4% + state credit excluding the 2020 $500 million tranche) are required to submit the California Tax Credit Allocation Committee (TCAC) application and attachments to TCAC with the $2,000 application filing fee. Competitive applicants must also submit a copy of the application with a cover letter and evaluation form directly to the LRA. Send the application materials on USB/flash drive, CD or DVD directly to (1) LRA, and (2) TCAC. Please follow the instructions below for submitting the LRA package.
Submit to TCAC:
- A copy of the LRA transmittal letter and proof of mailing to the LRA is uploaded as part of the online application process.
- Include the proof of mailing to the LRA either (a) on the projectís TCAC application USB drive, CD or DVD; or (b) with the hard copy applicant statement.
Submit to the LRA:
- Complete the LRA transmittal letter on your letterhead.
- Create a USB drive, CD or DVD that includes the LRA evaluation form (updated January 2021) and the complete TCAC application with all attachments.
- Mail the transmittal letter and the USB drive, CD or DVD to the appropriate LRA; reference LRA Contacts.
- Use a traceable method for mailing the transmittal letter and the USB drive, CD or DVD to the LRA.
TCAC will follow up with the LRA and send them the $1,000 project evaluation fee upon receipt of their completed and executed evaluation form. If you have any questions about this process, please contact your regional analyst at 916-654-6340.