Commercial Loans, Leases, and Energy Service Agreements
Designed to encourage energy efficiency financing for small
businesses and commercial entities of any size.
If you have any questions about the California Hub for Energy Efficiency Financing pilot programs, please contact email@example.com or (916) 651-8157.
- Notice of Emergency Regulations for Affordable Multifamily Financing Pilot
- Small Business Financing Program open for enrollment;
workshop on April 23, 2019
- Public Workshop: Proposed Regulations for Affordable Multifamily Financing Pilot
- REEL Regulations Regular Rulemaking
CAEATFA has launched its Small Business Financing (SBF) program with the goal of helping small businesses access better financing terms for energy efficiency retrofits. The SBF program features a credit enhancement to help financing companies mitigate risk. In return for this risk mitigation, the finance companies offer lower rates, longer terms, larger amounts or broader underwriting criteria than they otherwise would. Eligible customers include for-profits and nonprofits meeting one of the following requirements: fewer than 100 employees, annual revenues of less than $15 million or adherence to SBA size limitations. Products supported include loans, leases, equipment financing agreements, service agreements and savings-based payment agreements. An on-bill repayment option is planned to be added to the program in 2020.
The Small Business Financing program is open for enrollment to finance companies, contractors, and project developers. The Program is operational under a limited launch, with the full program launch expected in August/September 2019.
- Click here to access the Program Applications, Program Guide, list of pre-approved Energy Saving Measures and other resources
- Click here to learn about the terms of the limited launch.
Regulations for the Small Business Financing program took effect on December 17 , 2018. Visit the SBF regulations webpage for more information regarding the rulemaking process and to view the current regulations.
Additional information on the Small Business Financing Program can be found at GoGreenFinancing.com/smallbusiness.