CalSavers Retirement Savings Board
Overseeing the CalSavers Retirement Savings Program
- Hiring: Budget / Contract Analyst
- Hiring: Outreach / Customer Support Analyst
- Hiring: Data Coordinator
- Webinar Schedule
- Participation and Financial Reports
- Digital Toolkit
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (posted March 19, 2021)
- Notice of Proposed Emergency Rulemaking Action (posted September 13, 2021)
- 2020 Year End Highlights
- Sign Up to Receive CalSavers Updates
The registration deadline for employers with
more than 50 employees was June 30, 2021.
Register at CalSavers.com.
CalSavers is California’s retirement savings program designed for the millions of Californians who lack a way to save for retirement at their job.
CalSavers was created by legislation passed in 2016 requiring California employers that do not sponsor a retirement plan to participate in CalSavers – an automatic enrollment individual retirement account (IRA) with no employer fees or fiduciary liability. Operating at no taxpayer expense, CalSavers is professionally managed by private sector financial firms with oversight from a public board chaired by the State Treasurer.
Eligible employers can register for CalSavers at any time and will be required to comply by the above deadlines.
Ensure all Californians have a path to financial security in retirement by providing a simple, portable, low-cost way for workers to invest in their futures.