Qualified Residential Rental Project (QRRP) Program
Designed to assist developers of multifamily rental housing units to acquire land and construct new units or purchase and rehabilitate existing units.
If you have any questions about the Qualified Residential Rental Program, please contact CDLAC.
- Directions for Finding Information for Distressed Community Criteria
- Methodology for Determining Rural-Status Projects
- Waiver of Rent per Square Foot Requirement
- Market Study Guidelines
- Forward Commitment for Federal Housing Administration Financed Projects
- Archived Quick Links
- Sign Up to Receive CDLAC Information
The State of California is short 1.5 million affordable housing units. The Qualified Residential Rental Project Program helps spur affordable housing production by assisting developers of multifamily rental housing units with the acquisition and construction of new units, or the purchase and rehabilitation of existing units.
How does it work? State and local governmental agencies and other joint powers authorities can issue tax-exempt housing revenue bonds. The tax-exempt bonds lower the interest rate paid by developers. The developers in turn produce market rate and affordable rental housing for low and very low-income households by reducing rental rates to individuals and families. Projects that receive an award of bond authority have the right to apply for non-competitive 4% tax credits, administered by the California Tax Credit Allocation Committee.
Bond authority for rental projects is awarded according to the CDLAC Allocation System.
- Automatic 90-Day Extension Guidance
- 2022 Attachment 40 – 4% Tax Credit Application with Tax-Exempt Bond Financing
- 2022 Application Attachments (excluding Att. 40)
- Joint Checklist
- On-Line Application
- On-Line Application Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- On-Line Application Instructions
- Statewide Basis Limit Delta
- Report of Action Taken Form
- Certification of Compliance I (QRRP and Non-QRRP)
- Certification of Compliance II (QRRP) Fillable
- Certification of Compliance II (Non-QRRP) Fillable
- Certificate of Completion QRRP Form
- Updated Guidance and Instructions to Preserve 2021 DDA and Extensions on 2019 and 2020 DDA