Centralized Treasury and Securities Management Division
The State Treasurerís Office, Item Processing Section (IPS) is responsible for redeeming all items presented by banks for payment (about 94,600 items daily), for handling forgeries, and managing Stop Payments. The IPS processes the following item types:
- State Controllerís warrants
- Agency trust checks issued by state agencies and departments
- Employment Development Department (EDD) Disability Insurance (DI) Checks
- EDD Unemployment Insurance (UI) Checks
- Department of Public Health Farmerís Market checks, and
- Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) senior farmer’s market checks.